Thursday, October 28, 2010

oars up!

My friend Mitzuko is a committed rower. I admire her discipline and dedication to the sport. Despite the hectic schedule as a freelance interior designer, she continues to oar from one race to another challenging nature's current and other racers in equal competitiveness. I still remember when we're still working in the old office and we used to hang out over breaks (chatting our stress away hahah) talking about the things that we really wanted to do in life. I told her i want to be a full-time artist and explore more of my skills. Then she exclaimed her serious desire to go back to rowing while going freelance. Now, i'm so happy that she got back oaring full speed. I can't forget the brand new sparkle in her eyes as she gleefully updated me about her team's next race while we we're driving to pick up my exhibit works. That kind of excitement that i always look forward to while doing the things i love the most. I'm so proud of you, Miko. I'm looking forward to finally see your next race. :) 

Below photos are Sports Unlimited's take of the CamSur International Dragonboat Fest held at Lago Del Rey, Camarines Sur (Southern Luzon, Philippines) last October 15-17. 

My friend Miko oaring with her team mates :) 



















"It's a great art, is rowing. It's the finest art there is. It's a symphony of motion. 
And when you're rowing well Why it's nearing perfection- And when you reach perfection 
You're touching the divine. It touches the you of you's Which is your soul." -George Pocock

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello