Sunday, September 18, 2011

Metrobank Art and Design Excellence 2011

Few months ago, I was shortlisted as one of the semi-finalists for the Metrobank Art and Design Excellence Competition. I already thought my work is eliminated from the final judging (the frame was damaged during the submission :( and the glass at the lower portion's broken so it doesn't look so presentable for an exhibit especially something prestigious like this hahah) until I received a letter of invitation a couple of days before the event. I am still lucky my entry is included in the jurors' top selected works for the exhibition. 

Opening ceremony
Board of Judges: Painting, Sculpture, Architecture and Interior Design Categories


Some artworks


That's my contest piece in the middle.  :)

Winner, Sculpture category
Inspired by a hand, the artist used toothpicks in creating his winning entry.

Special prize winner, Water-media category

Metrobank Foundation achievement award for Sculpture

Bal and my friend Abi's amazing work! 

Meeting with fellow artists Dex Sy and the famous Andy Garcia.

Lala and Andy = <3

Beside my art.
:)




4 comments:

  1. congrats! it all looks so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! it's so cool to see your piece up on display. what a huge honor to be a part of the show!! but i'm not surprised. you're a true artist deserving of these honors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becky and Joey! :)

    Kim, thank you so much for believing! :) Hope you and Dannon are having a blast and so much fun on your anniversary getaway!

    ReplyDelete

hello