Wednesday, March 2, 2011

from reading

I've been reading random books lately. And did some quick drawings of images that flashed on my head from interesting lines i met. 


Photobucket
"Wittgenstein once wrote that when the eye sees something beautiful, 
the hand wants to draw it. I wish I could draw you." ~ Nicole Krauss, History of Love

Photobucket
"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter 
was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering." ~ N.K, History of Love


Photobucket
"I wanted to get out and walk eastward toward the park through the soft twilight, but each time I tried to go I became entangled in some wild, strident argument which pulled me back, as if with ropes, into my chair. Yet high over the city our line of yellow windows must have contributed their share of human secrecy to the casual watcher in the darkening streets... I saw him too, looking up and wondering. I was within and without."
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby


Photobucket
"Blur of motion, then -- 
Silence, me, a paper bag. 
What is so funny?"

~ Cat Haiku


Photobucket
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart:  I am, I am, I am."
 ~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar


***


How about you, what inspires you this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

hello