Sunday, July 31, 2011

And at once I knew, I was not magnificent

Hulled far from the highway aisle
{watercolour & graphite}

I sulked in for a day just reading and doodling nonsense. I wasn't in a good mood to create something worth filing in my drawing journal. Until i shuffled my ipod to Bon Iver's Holocene - "And at once I knew, I was not magnificent.. I can see for miles, miles, miles." Voila, trust some good music to lighten up the state of gray. In times like these that I thought i wasn't doing any good at all, came the wake-up shake that I am resilient. That inside the extreme whole lies that tiny spark that can do something remarkable. I'll get there, maybe it'll take a short or long time who knows, but I know I will. 





2 comments:

  1. oh gracey, i think you're already there! this is absolutely beautiful, and something so many of us face. when will i get there? we often arrive "there" without even realizing it until later. i'm planning on showcasing some of your work if you don't mind on my blog. i've been wanting to do a series on "my talented friends in blogland." you're totally at the top of my list. i've always LOVED your art so much! i'm a therapist and your work has so much emotion in it, i keep thinking how perfect it would be for my office some day. i wish we lived closer so we could go out on coffee dates and talk all about art and life. someday!... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ate..
    i hope things are getting better these days..
    sending u lots of love sister !

    ReplyDelete

hello